Is it freaking you out to see Christmas-themed photos in March? TECHNICALLY it’s still Winter for one more week.
This vegan treat is super easy to make and CRAZY HEALTHY! I mean, come on, it has both black beans AND chickpeas in them!!! BOO YAH! PROTEIN EVERYWHERE! GETTIN’ SWOLE!!
Each serving (one-ninth of the tin) of brownie covered in cookie dough is 335 calories and nearly 8 grams of protein. One whole egg contains 6 grams of protein, just to put it into perspective for you.
First, rinse and drain a can of black beans and puree them in a food processor or a blender. The smoother you can blend them, the smoother and fudgier your brownie babies will be.
Mix all the other ingredients. Then combine it with the black beans to create a delicious vegan brownie batter.
Pour your healthy vegan brownie batter into an 8-inch x 8-inch (or something similar) baking dish and bake them for about 15 minutes. Voila! You can eat them plain or decorate them however you like. I highly recommend topping your healthy vegan brownies with healthy vegan cookie dough because WHY NOT!?
Pro Tip: When making chickpea cookie dough, it helps to remove the skins from chickpeas for the creamiest texture.
Rinse and drain a can of chickpeas, then spread them out on a clean kitchen towel. Gently rub the towel over the chickpeas to rub the thin skin off, then use your fingers to separate them. It will be worth your time and effort when you eat mind-blowing creamy luxurious delicious vegan chickpea cookie dough!!
And why not stock up on a few extra cans of chickpeas to make more vegan treats like sweet dessert falafel?!
Don’t let the tree lights and wrapped presents fool you. You can make these healthy treats any time of the year! Just ignore the Christmas decorations… or maybe it brightens your spirits? Maybe we need a little extra holly jolly spirit right now, ya know?
Let me know if you make these vegan black bean brownies with chickpea cookie dough!
I like to whip this up when I am craving something decadent but I still want to stick to my health goals (whatever those may look like for you).
The recipe for these black bean brownies is from Chocolate Covered Katie, so thank you, Katie, for putting these sweet morsels into the world for everyone to enjoy!
Vegan Black Bean Brownies with Chickpea Cookie Dough
Vegan Black Bean Brownies
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, drained and rinsed thoroughly
- ½ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup quick-cooking oats
- 2 Tbsp cocoa powder
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ cup chocolate chips [vegan]
Vegan Chickpea Cookie Dough
- 1 can (15 ounces) chickpeas, rinsed and dried with the skins removed
- 1 banana, ripe with lots of brown spots
- 2 Tbsp nut butter of your choice
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ⅛ tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- ¼ cup mini chocolate chips or chopped chocolate chips
Make the Black Bean Brownies
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease an 8-inch by 8-inch baking tin.Blend all the ingredients except for the chocolate chips in a food processor or a blender for a few minutes, until it is smooth and creamy. Stir in the chips by hand with a spoon or spatula. Pour the brownie batter into your greased baking tin.
- Bake the black bean brownies for about 15-20 minutes until the top looks set and it doesn't jiggle anymore. Set the brownie tin aside to cool.
Make the Chickpea Cookie Dough
- Blend all the ingredients except for the chocolate chips in a food processor or a blender for a few minutes, until it is smooth and creamy.Stir in the chips by hand with a spoon or spatula.
- Set the cookie dough in the fridge for at least 1 hour to chill. Either form the cookie dough into small balls and place on the brownies, or spread them over the brownies.